Big Hair and More FunApr 19, 2023
One thing I’m working on in my life is having more fun. A friend of mine accused me (not really…she pointed it out, gently 😊) that I’m a “serial entrepreneur.” As I stepped back to examine this statement, I realized…I work a lot. There has never been a time in my life when I didn’t have two jobs, or one job and a business.
Except the time I had a baby…birthed a dissertation…then had another baby. Sorry girls, I wasn’t up for a 3rd kid, so I got a degree instead 😊.
Having a puppy has reminded me that playing is, well, fun. And fun is a perfect way to manage stress. Try a few of these tried-and-true lessons from Corkey…the cutest puppy that has ever lived 😊
Lessons from Corkey
- Play, play, and play some more.
- When your human sits down to pet you, roll over, expose your belly and receive. Always be ready to receive. I think humans, especially of the mom variety, could do a better job at RECEIVING.
- Don’t fight your hair. The puppy wears his big 80s hair like an 80s rock star. Period.
- Take what you like and leave the rest. The puppy eats some of his food, some of his brother’s food, a few snacks, and an occasional worm. He only eats what he wants when he wants. This can work with anything…unsolicited advice from your mother, other people’s opinions, thoughts your brain offers you about how you “should” be… Take what you like and leave the rest really works for anything.
- Take a nap every day, preferably on the lap of your favorite human. More than one nap is even better.
- When it’s time for your walk, be sure to express your joy vividly, enjoy every step and keep looking at mom for a treat. Let your head be where your feet are without distractions.
- There is no reason not to look cute.
- Eat holes in all the ugly socks. Life is too short for ugly socks.
- Make your brother play even though he is older and more serious. He probably forgot how fun it was, so thank goodness you are there to remind him.
- When your left ear folds down, make it a fashion statement. Always make the best of everything god has graced you with. You get to be you and damn the critics.
Interested in knowing more about me and what I do? Try my new course, "Stress and Overwhelm: Causes, Cures and Coping." In it you will find neuroscience, practices and my signature sense of humor. All at your fingertips in the Kajabi app.
Want to know more about what I do? Try my new course,
"Stress and Overwhelm: Causes, Cures and Coping."
In it you will find neuroscience, practices and my signature sense of humor. All at your fingertips in the Kajabi app.
I also offer 1:1 coaching for physical therapists and other people in health care who want to love their life, jobs and career again. If you’ve been thinking, “All I need is a new job, new career, new something and I’ll feel better”… I can help you feel better right now, right HERE.
Click the link to book a free 45 minute stress-assessment call and get started on your unique plan.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.